Are you tired of the content being displayed on our televisions? A lot of sexually compromising scenes are being displayed on national television, even during the day. It has become hard for someone to sit with their children in the living room and turn on the TV to watch; this is because you never know what might pop up the next minute with your favorite actors or an advert. Most movie producers are using sex scenes so that their shows can sell. With this trend it has led to many kids indulging in sexual behaviors too early.
The situation doesn’t end there; many of the video games kids are playing are just violence related. Here are some measures to help you control what your kids watch:
• Parental controls; you should always set parental controls on your cable box so that your children cannot watch certain films or shows when you are not around.
• Guidance and counseling; there are so many professional peer counselors and this can really help. You can book a session of at least a seminar for one week during that summer holiday. Dealing with kids and teenagers is not a piece of cake, so you have to be careful not to be too impulsive when dealing with them.
• Use curfews; there should be a time limit that everyone in your house should watch TV or use the computer. This rule should also apply to you so that you can set a good example, and it will make it easier for everyone to cooperate.
• Routinely check their browser history; this feels like an invasion of privacy but on the positive side it will help you monitor what they are doing during their free time. This method however, must be discussed with your child ahead of time since you can easily lose your children’s trust.
• Talk to them; this should always be the ultimate option since it ensures there is trust between you and your children. Proving that you trust them by talking to them will give them a sense of responsibility and they will do what is right so that they can prove to you that you can always trust them. This situation will definitely be a win-win for all of you.
Young adults and adolescents are prone to picking up bad behaviors that are present in today’s society. Although sexual exposure may not be entirely evil, it should be limited and you should have an intelligent discussion about what has taken place with your child.